|"The Death of Dr. Ogden"|
|Air date||April 7, 2014|
|Written by|| Jordan Christianson |
|Directed by||Michael McGowan|
|Previous||Blast of Silence|
|Next||On the Waterfront Part 1|
Detective Murdoch investigates the death of Oliver Hoyle who is found in the billiard room of his posh club. Hoyle was part of a group of competitive puzzle solvers and he may have been killed after solving a puzzle published by Edgar Allen Poe many years ago. It appears that one of his competitors killed him to get the glory for himself.
Meanwhile, Julia visits her father Dr. Lionel Ogden but arrives only to learn that her father has died. His physician, Dr. Bradley, believes he died of heart failure sometime in the night. Julia is confused, particularly when Dr. Bradley refuses to undertake an autopsy. Murdoch soon joins her and initially doubts that anything illegal has happened. He reconsiders when he learns that Julia has found a needle mark in her father's neck and a new neighbor is the beneficiary in his will. That neighbour denies any wrongdoing, but Julia is haunted by a vision of her father and is determined to find the truth.
- Murdoch finally proposes once more to Julia and she accepts.
- Julia's father, Lionel Ogden, had a first love.
- Lionel Ogden trusts Julia more than her sister, Ruby.
- Brackenreid is beaten up by Mick O'Shea and his brother, and the end is ambiguous to his survival.
- George and Emily's relationship doesn't grow any better or worse.
- This is the fourth time William proposes to Julia: 1.) The fantasized proposal in The Tesla Effect. 2.) The halted proposal in Buffalo Shuffle when Julia informs William she is engaged to Darcy Garland. 3.) The declined proposal in The Murdoch Sting because of death threats signed by James Gilles.
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease (CMT) is one of the most common inherited neurological disorders. The disease is named for the three physicians who first identified it in 1886 - Jean-Martin Charcot and Pierre Marie in Paris, France, and Howard Henry Tooth in Cambridge, England.
David Fox as Dr. Lionel Ogden
Diana Leblanc as Caroline Hill
Cyrus Lane as Roger Newsome
Rainbow Francks as Sam Carr
Steven Yaffee as Arthur Elliot
Ashton Doudelet as Theodore Grady
Jeremy Birrell as Horace Simms
Keith Dinicol as Dr. Bradley
Jane Spidell as Mrs. Hastings
Nick Nolan as Tim O'Shea
James Graham as Oliver Hoyle
|Murdoch Mysteries Season 7|
| "Murdoch Ahoy" • "Tour de Murdoch" • "The Filmed Adventures of Detective William Murdoch" • "Return of Sherlock Holmes" • "Murdoch of the Living Dead" • "Murdochophobia" • "Loch Ness Murdoch" • "Republic of Murdoch" • "A Midnight Train to Kingston" • "Murdoch in Ragtime" • "Journey to the Centre of Toronto" • "Unfinished Business" • "The Murdoch Sting"•"Friday the 13th, 1901"•"The Spy Who Came Up to the Cold"•"Kung Fu Crabtree"•"Blast of Silence"•"The Death of Dr. Ogden"|
Season 1 • Season 2 • Season 3 • Season 4 • Season 5 • Season 6 • Season 7 • Season 8 • Season 9 • Season 10