|"Stroll on the Wild Side (Part 1)"|
|Air date||July 17, 2012 (Canada)|
|Written by||Daphne Ballon|
|Directed by||Michael DeCarlo|
|Guest Stars||Tori Anderson as Lucille Messing|
|Recurring|| Lachlan Murdoch as Henry Higgins|
Lisa Faulkner as Anna Fulford
Jonathan Watton as Darcy Garland
|Previous||"Who Killed the Electric Carriage?"|
|Next||"Stroll on the Wild Side (Part 2)"|
Murdoch tries to solve the death of a quiet librarian, who gets killed alone in a library and dragged to a forest. The other librarian co-worker is William's ‘might-have-been’ love, Anna. After getting many details from friends and companions, it seems the young lady was engaged and very quiet. However, Dr.Grace discovers a tattoo of a rose.
Murdoch is told Dr. Ogden is at the Station House, arrested for illegally teaching women about contraception. He tries to talk Julia into going home but Julia is determined to have her say as a doctor concerned for women’s health. She is visited by Crabtree and Dr. Grace. Dr. Grace is ready to plan a rally to shine light on the injustice. Then Darcy talks her into coming home by promising to join the fight together. She relents but states she hasn’t given up.
Both Anna and William try to discover why a peaceful, quiet, young bride-to-be would have a tattoo on her ankle. They finally discover the girl has been seducing a man at a local pub and bar. According to the man, they met and she undressed for him.
Dr. Garland is warned by his superior that he has a spirited wife and a “handful”. Garland asks Julia to curb her campaigning for women’s health because of his possible promotion to head of hospital. Darcy promises Julia that they will accomplish so much together. Julia succumbs to Darcy’s request to compromise and disappoints Dr. Grace.
Crabtree and Higgins practice their pitch for the baseball challenge Brackenreid has accepted and after breaking glass, Crabtree is made their pitcher by the Inspector. They later spy on the other team’s practice.
When Anna is alone at work in the library, she hears creaking floorboards. Scared she phones William, however George picks up saying William has gone out. Anna tells him to tell William to come to the library as soon as he can. Meanwhile, Anna confronts the man in the library. She is chased around the shelves, and hides, like a hide and seek game. When she finally is reluctant to take a look at where the man is, he is seen pointing his gun at her. William arrives at the library and the doors are locked. The episode ends with a struggling William trying to open the door, and a black screen comes on, with a loud gunshot.
Character Revelations Edit
- Anna and William share a kiss, but it is not explicit that it went any further and it is debatable if the Catholic William, a man of honor, would let it. However, William's coworkers are surprised to see him arrive at work ten minutes late the next morning.
- George explains his pitching skills: his Aunt Nettle's farm in Haileybury was set upon by a plague of vermin of biblical proportions. Being a young lad at the time and not yet entrusted with firearms, he took to eradicating the little beasts by hurling stones at them.
- Dr. Ogden returns to Station House No. 4, arrested for teaching contraception in her practice.
- The conclusion to this episode is in part 2
- The Black Hand is indeed still a threat to Anna
Historical References Edit
- The man stalking Anna Fulford uses the two-handed grip on his pistol. But this technique was unknown at the time. It was first developed by Jeff Cooper in the 1950s.
- The light of the bike Murdoch is rushing to the library stays brightly on with him running up the stairs. With a dynamo the light would loose quickly strenght as the wheels stopped (which they did in the scene). Electric bike lights weren't invented at that time.
Main Cast Edit
Recurring Cast Edit
Guest Cast Edit
Eli Ham as Inspector Declan O'Kelly
Tori Anderson as Lucille Messing
Amos Crawley as Geoffrey Coville
Stephen Park as Leonard Carling
Cliff Saunders as Stanley Faber
Peter Kosaka as Mr. Sato
Shawn Wright as Andrew Trevor
Derek Keurvorst as Franklin Lamott
Noah Davis as Mr. Wilson
Nick Spencer as Jake
Kristian Bruun as Constable Slugger Jackson
Michael A. Miranda as Falcone
Other Cast Edit
Jenny Hall as Barmaid
Byron Rouse as Pop Smith
Joey Kippax as Assassin
|Murdoch Mysteries Season 5|
| "Murdoch of the Klondike" • "Back and to the Left" • "Evil Eye of Egypt" • "War on Terror" • "Murdoch at the Opera" • "Who Killed the Electric Carriage?" • "Stroll on the Wild Side (Part 1)" • "Stroll on the Wild Side (Part 2)" • "Invention Convention" • "Staircase to Heaven" • "Murdoch in Toyland" • "Murdoch Night in Canada" • "Twentieth Century Murdoch"|
Web-Series: The Murdoch Effect
Season 1 • Season 2 • Season 3 • Season 4 • Season 6 • Season 7