|"Rich Boy, Poor Boy"|
|Air date||April 4, 2010 (Canada)|
|Written by||Carol Hay|
|Directed by||Harvey Crossland|
|Recurring||Arwen Humphreys as Margaret Brackenreid|
|Next||"Me, Myself and Murdoch"|
Det. Murdoch is on the case when Insp. Brackenreid's young son, Bobby is kidnapped. He had been playing with a friend, Robert Stanton, in the park when he was snatched. It was all cleverly staged as someone snatched a purse and ran off, distracting Bobby's mother for a few moments. The case takes a sharp turn when Henry Stanton, a rich brewery owner, gets a ransom demand, and it soon becomes obvious that the kidnappers have taken the wrong boy. Their worry is that once the kidnappers learn who Bobby really is, they may simply choose to dispose of him. The events lead Insp. Brackenreid to reflect on the amount of time he's spent with the boy and his own effectiveness as a father.
Character Revelations Edit
- Thomas Brackenreid had just come out of the army when Margaret's father asked him to join the family's plumbing business. Margaret thought he'd have been a good plumber, but his heart was set on the police force.
- Married to a policeman, Margaret knew what she was getting into, no point in complaining about the long hours– and the worry, she tells Dr. Ogden. But still... she does worry after they had the two boys.
Historical References Edit
- One of the few episodes where nobody actually dies.
- This episode is a favorite one of actor Thomas Craig who plays Inspector Thomas Brackenreid.
- The characters Molly Morgan and Pete Morgan in the episode, played by Michelle Monteith and Dylan Roberts respectively, are listed in the closing credits as Molly Richards and Pete Richards.
Main Cast Edit
Recurring Cast Edit
Guest Cast Edit
Other Cast Edit
|Murdoch Mysteries Season 3|
| "The Murdoch Identity" • "The Great Wall" • "Victor, Victorian" • "Rich Boy, Poor Boy" • "Me, Myself and Murdoch" • "This One Goes to Eleven" • "Blood and Circuses" • "Future Imperfect" • "Love and Human Remains" • "The Curse of Beaton Manor" • "Hangman" • "In the Altogether" • "The Tesla Effect"|
Season 1 • Season 2 • Season 4 • Season 5 • Season 6 • Season 7