| Spoiler warning!|
This article contains plot details or information about an upcoming episode/season which has not been aired world-wide yet. Don't believe everything you read, content is subject to change at any time.
|"My Big Fat Mimico Wedding"|
|Air date||October 8, 2018|
|Written by||Simon McNabb|
|Directed by||Gary Harvey|
|Next||Murdoch Without Borders|
A guest at Higgins and Ruth's wedding makes repeated attempts to kill the groom.
- Henry Higgins faces death thrice: once by bullet, second by chandelier, and third by the sword.
- Henry confesses to George that he is being punished for killing Roger Newsome (see ep.1008) and if Ruth found out she would leave him "in a heartbeat"; This new acknowledge presents a big problem for George.
- The reality behind the Newsome family fortune is revealed.
- This episode takes place in Toronto 1906 – Edward VII (Albert Edward;1841-1910) is King of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland and of the British Dominions beyond the Seas.
- The Great 1906 San Francisco Earthquake ranks as one of the most significant earthquakes of all time.
- When Rupert tells George to call him "Bingo", it is an allusion to P.G. Wodehouse, a prolific and popular British writer of the time: Richard P. "Bingo" Little is a recurring fictional character in the Jeeves and Drones Club stories, who has a proclivity for gambling.
- Mr. Darcy is the one of the central characters in Jane Austen's novel Pride and Prejudice and is mistaken for the Toronto street, "D'Arcy".
- When asked about this espisode, MM writer Mary Pedersen gives hints and highlights, "The Newsome family episode has become really one of the highlights of every season for the writers, and you can imagine that with a wedding, the extended Newsome family coming to stay, Ruth determined to find George a girlfriend, and of course a murderer on the loose, that Murdoch, Brackenreid, Crabtree and Higgins will really have their hands full ..."
- This episode is MM Writers' Room attempt at creating a farce in the style of P.G. Wodehouse, according to Simon McNabb.
- New MM Costume Designer Joanna Syrokomla discusses the costumes.