|"Murdoch in Ladies Wear"|
|Air date||March 4, 2013|
|Written by|| Maureen Jennings |
|Directed by||Cal Coons|
|Guest Stars|| Daiva Johnston as Eva Pearce|
Clara Pasieka as Pearl Redmond
|Recurring||Jonathan Watton as Darcy Garland|
|Previous||The Ghost of Queen's Park|
Detective Murdoch investigates the murder of Preston Monk, manager of the ladies-wear department at Eaton's department store. He's found dead on top of the store's elevator cage and Dr. Grace's autopsy reveals that he had been likely struck on the head. A burly man with a large mustache was seen speaking to him around the time he died. Monk had been hired from Harrod's in London and was a difficult task master as far as the young women who worked for him are concerned.
One in particular, Eva Pearce, seemed to meet his exacting standards and is named acting manager after his death. Murdoch realizes he is being manipulated by one of the suspects.
When Eva Pearce invades the Detective's subconscious in a dream, Julia suggests Miss Pearce uses her erotic power to seduce men. Given her power over Murdoch Julia asks him to imagine her hold on a man already in her thrall.
- Dr. Ogden does not miss the morgue and tells Dr. Grace that she is happy to see it in such capable hands.
- Julia practices archery to take out her frustrations "...being stifled in this cocoon." Her knowledge and skill in archery will come in handy in the both Season 8 and 9 finales.
- Julia suggests to William that they live together. Openly, and "shock everyone and revel in the outrageousness! Can we really be that bold?"
- After their enjoyable evening out upholding their marriage pretense, the next day Darcy asks for another chance. When Julia rejects him he rips up the divorce papers, if he can’t have her neither can Murdoch.
- Murdoch's UV Day Light In a Box is used again.
- This is not the last time Eva Pearce is seen; she will prove herself to be a persistent adversary for William and Julia.
- William's responds to Julia's immodest proposal, saying "You are so lovely to me, Julia, but we can only truly be together if we are married. I won't compromise you..." in a loving scene sealed with a kiss.
- References to the Eaton's Department store and George points out "This idea of a store that sells everything you need under one roof is quite clever, isn't it, sir? I mean, you could buy a ham, a hammock and a hammer, all without getting wet."
- Dr. Ogden points out to Murdoch that Dr. Freud (1856 – 1939) suggests, "We are all ruled by our sexual urges, consciously or unconsciously."
- Cuban tobacco from the Vuelta Abajo region is mentioned, considered the best tobacco in the world, became a tobacco industry around 1830, still making the best cigar: the Habano.
- The Queen's Hotel is mentioned
- This episode is reminiscent of the historical UK TV series The Paradise (2012).
- When Julia is talking to William and Brackenreid about how Eva had been controlling the interview and 'seducing' them, she takes a few steps closer to them. When the camera switches, Julia is exactly where she was before she took the steps.
Daiva Johnston as Eva Pearce
Clara Pasieka as Pearl Redmond
Michael Therriault as Mr. John Craig Eaton
Adam Butcher as Jake Barker
Michelle Coburn as Helen Richardson
Yulia Petrauskas as Florence Sykes
Greg Gale as Jim Sykes
Pascal Langdale as Preston Monk
Terrence Bryant as Mr. Bennett
Rob De Leeuw as Gerald Biskind
Rory O'Shea as Gentleman
Ava Himmel as Shop Girl
|Murdoch Mysteries Season 6|
| "Murdoch Air" • "Winston's Lost Night" • "Murdoch On The Corner" • "A Study in Sherlock" • "Murdoch Au Naturel" • "Murdoch and the Cloud of Doom" • "The Ghost of Queen's Park" • "Murdoch in Ladies Wear" • "Victoria Cross" • "Twisted Sisters" • "Lovers in a Murderous Time" • "Crime and Punishment" • "The Murdoch Trap"|
Web Series: Nightmare on Queen Street
Season 1 • Season 2 • Season 3 • Season 4 • eason 5 • Season 6 • Season 7 • Season 8 • Season 9 • Season 10