|"Murdoch On The Corner"|
|Air date||January 21, 2013|
|Written by|| Alexandra Zarowny|
|Directed by||Cal Coons|
|Guest Stars|| Janet-Laine Green as Mrs. Lynd|
Stephanie Belding as Jean Palmerson
Courtney J. Stevens as Soapbox Preacher
|Recurring||Lachlan Murdoch as Henry Higgins|
|Previous||"Winston's Lost Night"|
|Next||"A Study in Sherlock"|
"Murdoch On The Corner" is the third episode of the sixth season of the Murdoch Mysteries and the sixty-eighth episode of the series. It first aired January 21, 2013.
Detective Murdoch investigates the murder of Edgar Leeman who was shot by someone when he answered a knock at the door. His last words, overheard by his wife were 'I'm sorry no'. There's soon a second victim Thelma Green and then a third, Robert Grimsby. They have little in common except to have perhaps come into some unexpected money. When constables Crabtree and Higgins find a wallet with $10 inside, they return it to address they find inside. They soon after learn that several such wallets have been returned to that address and Murdoch concludes that the killer is punishing those who don't. Murdoch devises a new camera that takes a photo every four seconds and sets it it on the street to see who might be leaving the wallets. After a series of seemingly random murders, Murdoch sets up a timer camera on a street corner to catch the killer.
Character Revelations Edit
- George's Aunt Primrose use to send him to fetch hats all the time. One had to be very specific, there was a great many hats, he tells Murdoch.
- Mrs. Lynd will make another appearance in Season 8's The Incurables
- Dr. Ogden coins ' sequential killer ' which will be used by Murdoch and the Constabulary to label serial killers in future episodes.
- Murdoch's Scrutiny Camera and the Bulletproof Vest are used.
Historical References Edit
- When the Detective and the Doctor discuss the motives behind sequential killers, Jack the Ripper, Joseph Vacher, and H. H. Holmes are mentioned.
- Sigmund Freud’s speculation that the subconscious mind prevents one from expressing anger directly to the person responsible, forcing one to take the anger out on persons unconnected to the true source of the rage is explained by Dr. Ogden and Crabtree immediately ask if it's like how certain Inspector taking it out on a constable after the Inspector's wife gets upset.
- George introduces Emily to pizza pie and they come up with a bicycle delivery idea.
- A slice of pizza pie was stated to cost a nickel, but the modern nickel wasn't first introduced until 1922. Prior to that, there was a much smaller silver 5 cent piece.
Main Cast Edit
Recurring Cast Edit
Guest Cast Edit
Janet-Laine Green as Mrs. Lynd
Stephanie Belding as Jean Palmerson Philip Williams as Jack the Butcher
Alex Poch-Goldin as Robert Grimsby
Courtenay J. Stevens as Soapbox Preacher
Billy Otis as Demented Beggar
Tony De Santis as Pizza Man
Conrad Coates as Mission Man
Mary Francis Moore as Mrs. Leeman
Tim Progosh as Mr. Edgar Leeman
Uncredited Cast Edit
|Murdoch Mysteries Season 6|
| "Murdoch Air" • "Winston's Lost Night" • "Murdoch On The Corner" • "A Study in Sherlock" • "Murdoch Au Naturel" • "Murdoch and the Cloud of Doom" • "The Ghost of Queen's Park" • "Murdoch in Ladies Wear" • "Victoria Cross" • "Twisted Sisters" • "Lovers in a Murderous Time" • "Crime and Punishment" • "The Murdoch Trap"|
Web Series: Nightmare on Queen Street
Season 1 • Season 2 • Season 3 • Season 4 • Season 5 • Season 6 • Season 7 • Season 8 • Season 9 • Season 10