|"Mr. Murdoch's Neighbourhood"|
|Air date||February 6, 2017|
|Written by||Carol Hay|
|Directed by||Jill Carter|
|Guest Stars||Laurie Murdoch as Alvin Nash|
|Next||From Murdoch to Eternity|
When Murdoch and Ogden use their riverside property as a burial ground to study human decomposition, they dig up more than they imagined.
Dr. Ogden sets up a field test to show how constables and doctors work together at a burial site. Along with fellow medical students Anne Baxter and Katherine Roy, Miss James explore key forensic studies with Constables Crabtree, Jackson and Higgins.
Three unearthed bodies later and Julia's cadaver gone missing, the Murdoch property, that idyllic plot of land next to the Don River where William is planning to build the house of his dreams, turns out to be the burial ground of a revenge killing.
- William’s best-laid plans don't cover all circumstances when it comes to home building.
- Constable Jackson's wife died of dropsy; Love is in the air for him; and his full name is Augustus "Gus" Jackson, first mentioned by Terrence Meyers in Beyond Time web series.
- Louise Cherry drives an automobile that she intends to purchase for 100 dollars.
- Murdoch gives an approving nod to George's friendship with Louise.
- There is a time jump (six months), not often used in Murdoch Mysteries, but it’s important to this main storyline and will advance other plot lines:
- Higgins and George with shovels in hand again, but it's Jackson who wins their 5cent cadaver finding bet and a new romance with Anne Baxter.
- Crabtree mentions the case of the not gold-plated, but copper electroplated women. (ep.904)
- Detective Watts continues his investigation into the missing women case, started in A Murdog Mystery. Mr. Bruce allows Watts access to his missing wife's possessions– a book of interest is found.
- Constable Crabtree introduces Louise Cherry to Bloom and Crabtree Autoshop, so that Sam can make sure she's not buying a lemon.
- In turn, Gazette journalist Cherry gives the autoshop a good promotion story "...Constable Runs Auto Garage You Can Trust."
- While it almost seems fitting that the Detective and City Coroner would buy a land covered in dead bodies, the irony is not lost on them; finding murder victims and arresting most of their neighbours leads them to put their property back on the market.
- Crabtree speaks a line from a beloved, critically-acclaimed film...
- Cast member Lachlan Murdoch's father, Laurie, appears for the second time on the series, the first time was in I, Murdoch as Martin Hammerton.
- In a general sense, the storyline was informed and inspired by the "Black Donnellys" of Lucan (near London), Ontario, according to MM showrunner Peter Mitchell.
- This episode was filmed in the middle of a September rain storm (9/29/2016), so they filmed some of the scenes inside a large tent.
- Filmed at Christie Lake Conservation Area in Dundas, Ontario.
- This is the eighth episode in Season 10 in which Thomas Craig (Thomas Brackenreid) does not appear. The Inspector reruns in the next episode.
Lachlan Murdoch as Constable Henry Higgins
Mouna Traoré as Rebecca James
Kristian Bruun as Constable Jackson
Bea Santos as Louise Cherry
Daniel Maslany as Detective Watts
Clare Stone as Anne Baxter
Erin Carter as Katherine Roy
Sean Connolly Affleck as Samuel Bloom
Jonathan Robbins as Norman Bruce
Guest Cast Edit
Laurie Murdoch as Alvin Nash
Natalia Payne as Dorothy Nash
Jeff McEnery as Barry Biggs
James Byron as Frank Walsh
Robert Verlaque as Cameron Smith
Jerry Rector as Horace Dawson
Amy Matysio as Minnie Hobbins
Colin Paradine as Builder
Bonnie Gray as Mavis Nash