|"Love and Human Remains"|
|Air date||May 16, 2010 (Canada)|
|Written by||Lori Spring|
|Directed by||Sudz Sutherland aka David Sutherland|
|Guest Stars|| Joan Gregson as Rebecca Hastings|
Myron Natwick as Charlie Hastings
|Recurring|| Lachlan Murdoch as Henry Higgins|
Sean Harraher as Constable Worseley
|Next||"The Curse of Beaton Manor"|
Detective Murdoch is on the case when police discover two bodies at a building construction site. Their initial estimate is that the bodies have been there for about 5 years but the remains are found in a peat bog and as a result are very well preserved. Both bodies, one man and one woman, are approximately 40 years old and Dr. Ogden's examination reveals that they were both poisoned with cyanide. Further evidence however shows that both bodies have been there for at least 60 years. Murdoch manages to locate the now elderly daughter of the victims, Rebecca Hastings, and her husband Charlie, who both lived in the house the property is located on. He also realizes that either she or her husband killed her parents or possibly one of the three children who also lived there at the time - Alice Nugent, Horace Mooney or Michael Webster.
Character Revelations Edit
- George Crabtree has a sixteen year-old cousin named Penny Renton.
- William shares with Julia how he "craves a close-knit family" because of his own erratic family life.
- In Big Murderer on Campus, George Crabtree was a foundling who did not know his mother; in this episode he has a cousin.
- At the end scene, William and Julia are walking past the Shaftesbury Theatre and the poster for The Importance of Being Earnest is on display as the current show playing.
Historical References Edit
- Caldwell's Rangers was a unit that served in the War of 1812.
- The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde, first performed in 1895 in London, England.
Main Cast Edit
Recurring Cast Edit
Guest Cast Edit
Other Cast Edit
|Murdoch Mysteries Season 3|
| "The Murdoch Identity" • "The Great Wall" • "Victor, Victorian" • "Rich Boy, Poor Boy" • "Me, Myself and Murdoch" • "This One Goes to Eleven" • "Blood and Circuses" • "Future Imperfect" • "Love and Human Remains" • "The Curse of Beaton Manor" • "Hangman" • "In the Altogether" • "The Tesla Effect"|
Season 1 • Season 2 • Season 4 • Season 5 • Season 6 • Season 7