|Air date||May 9, 2010 (Canada)|
|Written by||Cal Coons|
|Directed by||Cal Coons|
|Guest Stars|| Sarah Gadon as Ruby Ogden|
Kate Greenhouse as Sally Pendrick
Peter Stebbings as James Pendrick
|Recurring||Lachlan Murdoch as Henry Higgins|
|Previous||"Blood and Circuses"|
|Next||"Love and Human Remains"|
"Future Imperfect" is the eighth episode of the third season of the Murdoch Mysteries and the thirty-fourth episode of the series. It first aired on April 6, 2010 (UK).
Detective Murdoch receives a mysterious invitation to attend a reception, with Dr. Ogden, finds himself at a promotional affair hosted by James Pendrick . Murdoch doesn't support the selective breeding philosophy of eugenicists and is leery of Pendrick whom he is convinced had engineered the theft of his own art collection in an insurance scam. He is impressed with the guest of honor however, the renowned author H.G. Wells. When body parts are discovered in a nearby pond, Murdoch has a murder to investigate. The dead man turns out to be a well-known member of the Eugenics Society. Julia Ogden sees her sister Ruby and is somewhat shocked by her dalliance with the often married Wells. Constable Crabtree meanwhile decides to investigate the disappearance of several dogs.
Character Revelations Edit
- Ruby Ogden, who has always published under a male pseudonym, decides to write her next story under her own name.
- Ruby takes a romantic interest in George Crabtree.
- George has a keen nose for lilac because his Aunt was fond of lilac.
- Ruby Ogden returns
- This is the second appearance of James and Sally Pendrick
Historical References Edit
- H. G. Wells is depicted in the episode as a guest speaker at the local eugenics society. At the close of the episode, Wells takes notes for a story about animal experimentation on an island.
Main Cast Edit
Recurring Cast Edit
Guest Cast Edit
Peter Mikhail as H.G. Wells
David Storch as Dr. Dryus Alger
Other Cast Edit
|Murdoch Mysteries Season 3|
| "The Murdoch Identity" • "The Great Wall" • "Victor, Victorian" • "Rich Boy, Poor Boy" • "Me, Myself and Murdoch" • "This One Goes to Eleven" • "Blood and Circuses" • "Future Imperfect" • "Love and Human Remains" • "The Curse of Beaton Manor" • "Hangman" • "In the Altogether" • "The Tesla Effect"|
Season 1 • Season 2 • Season 4 • Season 5 • Season 6 • Season 7