|"From Buffalo With Love"|
|Air date||March 14, 2016|
|Written by||Michelle Ricci|
|Directed by||Peter Mitchell|
|Next||Cometh the Archer|
From Buffalo With Love is the seventeenth episode of Season 9 and the one hundredth thirty-first of the series. It first aired on March 14, 2016.
After a man is shot during a burlesque performance at the infamous Star Room, Murdoch, Ogden and Brackenreid are surprised to discover a familiar face in the audience– Mr. Wednesday a.k.a. George Crabtree!
Character Revelations Edit
- For George, a new romance blooms with Nina.
- Julia has always wondered what it looked like inside the infamous Star Room.
- When Murdoch suggests to Crabtree that they spend an evening together at the vaudeville, George confesses that he has gone off vaudeville a bit because it's too competitive (ep 809).
The return of Giuseppe Falcone, founder of the Buffalo chapter of The Black Hand.
- Murdoch mentions the Royal Society of Geologists hosting a talk on tectonics.
- The world famous Buffalo wing was invented at Buffalo's own Anchor Bar; the pub where Brackenreid enjoys his chicken wings has many anchors decorating the room in homage.
- In his desperate hunger, Brackenreid unwittingly invents the Buffalo wing. Prior to the latter half of the twentieth century, chicken wings were considered extremely low-quality cuts of meat, generally used only for stock or discarded altogether. The Buffalo restaurant owner even comments, "The Canadians are eating our garbage!"
- This is the second time the Hot Sausages stand appears, the first was in Journey to the Centre of Toronto, when George bought one for Emily.
- Robert Carli, the music composer for Murdoch Mysteries, makes a cameo appearance, playing the piano.
- Filmed in Peterborough, ON, playing Buffalo, NY.
Main Cast Edit
Recurring Cast Edit
Guest Cast Edit
Erin Agostino as Nina Bloom
Katy Breier as Lydia Hall
Austin Di Iulio as Joe Falcone
Hannah Cheeseman as Mrs. Sachs
Charlie Gallant as Miles Hart
Tayo Jacob as Bartender
Patrick McManus as Detective Harvey Walker
David Fraser as Chef
Sidonie Wybourn as Hermione Greenhammer
Uncredited Cast Edit
|Murdoch Mysteries Season 9|
| "Nolo Contendere" • "Marked Twain" • "Double Life" • "Barenaked Ladies" • "24 Hours Til Doomsday" • "The Local Option" • "Summer of '75" • "Pipe Dreamzzz" • "Raised On Robbery" • "The Big Chill" • "A Case of The Yips" • "Unlucky In Love" • "Colour Blinded" • "Wild Child" • "House Of Industry" • "Bl..dy H.ll" • "From Buffalo With Love" • "Cometh the Archer" • |
Season 1 • Season 2 • Season 3 • Season 4 • Season 5 • Season 6 • Season 7 • Season 8 • Season 9 • Season 10