| Spoiler warning!|
This article contains plot details or information about an upcoming episode/season which has not been aired world-wide yet. Don't believe everything you read, content is subject to change at any time.
|Air date||January 8, 2018|
|Written by||Paul Aitken|
|Directed by||Eleanore Lindo|
|Guest Stars|| Peter Stebbings as James Pendrick|
|Previous||The Talking Dead|
|Next||Biffers and Blockers|
Murdoch investigates a man’s bizarre death which may have been caused by a high-speed travel device.
At the Station House, Brackenreid and Higgins hear a mysterious statement from Bonnie Clement, a switch board operator at the Front Street Telephone and Telegraph Exchange, about two strange telephone calls putting a man in two different places at the same time. Mistaking her for a crackpot, the Inspector dismisses the report at first – until it proves to be critical information for Murdoch's investigation.
Murdoch and Ogden’s search for a vacuum large enough to fit an adult human, has Murdoch in for a dangerous ride.
- Julia is experiencing a possible side effect of the hormone treatment - a unpredictable 'urgency' (to copulate).
- While examining the murder victim, William and Julia find a code word for when the 'urgency' arises so as "to strike while the iron is hot" (to procreate)– lemniscate.
- Higgins gets a postcard from George who is in Paris and Brackenreid hopes he is "...annoying the French".
- Thomas and Margaret Brackenreid explore investing in the Pendrick FLASH.
- James Pendrick returns with the Pendrick FLASH and two female assistants on his team. He suits up Murdoch again; the last time was in 24 Hours Til Doomsday.
- Murdoch watches Pendrick kiss Julia again (see ep.1009), on her hand this time as a gesture to return that (memorable) stolen kiss.
- That "very full" husbandry schedule Julia warned William about at the end of Brackenreid Boudoir has gotten even fuller, thus a closet in the City Morgue is now employed.
- Darwinian principle that inclination is related to fertile receptivity. Darwinian principle that inclination is related to fertile receptivity.
- In algebraic geometry, a lemniscate is any of several figure-eight or ∞-shaped curves. Commonly, known as the infinity symbol, a mathematical symbol representing the concept of infinity. The curve is also known as the lemniscate of Bernoulli.
- Skate can mean the very slippery fish and is applied to persons who have slippery natures; A slang from the West Country of England (pre WWI) believed to have been used to describe someone who was a slippery customer. The word is use phonetically (possibly tongue-in-cheek) with 'Lemon' for their code word 'lemniscate' when Dr. Ogden leaves a message for Murdoch with Higgins.
- Robert Goddard is an American inventor generally acknowledged to be the father of modern rocketry.
- What F.L.A.S.H. stands for is unveiled 10 minutes into the episode.
- Not the first time a strange telephone call is reported to the Station House, see Dial M for Murdoch.
- Murdoch (with a similar expression) also watched Inspector Marcel Guillaume kiss Dr. Ogden's hand in Monsieur Murdoch.
- Logograph (or logogram) is a written character that represents a word or phrase. Chinese characters and Japanese kanji are logograms; some Egyptian hieroglyphs and some graphemes in cuneiform script are also logograms. In the final scene, Dr. Ogden uses the term along with their code word.
Christopher Leveaux as Sam Trenwith
Blair Williams as Trenton Darling
John Novak as Clyde Spiker
Andrew Robinson as Robert H. Goddard
Aisha Evelyna as Bonnie Clement
Lily Lacey as Gong Fu Chi
Toby Proctor as Fenn Bickford
Kiri Etzkorn as Jaya Bhola
Derek Barnes as Charles Howden
Chris Gleason as Fisherman
|Murdoch Mysteries Season 11|
| "Up From Ashes" • "Merlot Mysteries" • "8 Footsteps" • "The Canadian Patient" • "Dr. Osler Regrets" • "21 Murdoch Street" • "The Accident" • "Brackenreid Boudoir" • "The Talking Dead" • "F.L.A.S.H.!" • "Biffers and Blockers" • "Mary Wept" • "Crabtree à la Carte" • "The Great White Moose" • "Murdoch Schmurdoch" • "Game of Kings" • "Shadows Are Falling" • "Free Falling" • |
Season 1 • Season 2 • Season 3 • Season 4 • Season 5 • Season 6 • Season 7 • Season 8 • Season 9 • Season 10