|Air date||October 26, 2015|
|Written by||Jordan Christianson|
|Directed by||Gary Harvey|
Double Life is the third episode of Season 9 and the one hundred-seventeenth episode of the series. It first aired October 26, 2015.
On her last day as the coroner, Dr. Emily Grace arrives at the crime scene, "Good day, Inspector. A fresh corpse and a crime scene, what more could one ask for?" Brackenreid tells her that he will get someone else to attend the body. " I'm not yet in London. Besides, I'm rather glad that my last day has offered some excitement. Let me do my job, Inspector." The Inspector insists, "I can't."
In this pivotal episode, Murdoch and his colleagues investigate the shocking murder of suffragette Lillian Moss, just days before she and Dr. Grace were to cross the Atlantic for London, England, to their new life together.
- The double life of Lillian Moss is revealed.
- Emily comes out to her colleagues.
- George's recent experience helps him to support Emily.
- Lillian Moss is murdered.
- Dr. Grace leaves for England on her own. This episode is Georgina Reilly's final appearance.
- Brackenreid turns to Dr. Ogden, "It would appear we are in need of a coroner, then."
- Crabtree suggests that "in the future we [may] devise a way to procreate without the man, without the man actually having to put...," predicting artificial insemination.
Historical References Edit
- A reference to the RMS Carpathia is made as it is the ocean liner that Emily and Lillian were going to take to England.
- RMS Carpathia made her maiden voyage in 1903 and became famous for rescuing the survivors of rival White Star Line's RMS Titanic after it struck an iceberg and sank with a loss of 1,512 lives on 15 April 1912. Carpathia herself was sunk in the Atlantic on 17 July 1918 during the First World War.
- Election campaign last year (Season 8) for Margaret Haile.
- Georgina Reilly (Dr. Emily Grace) made the hard decision to leave Murdoch Mysteries for both personal and professional reasons , grateful Dr. Grace was not killed off so she may return for a visit.
- Union Train Station filmed at The Victoria Hall in downtown Cobourg. It was designed by the famous Canadian architect, Kivas Tully, and first opened in 1860 by the Prince of Wales, becoming the legal political, and cultural centre of Cobourg and Northumberland County.
- Script Writer Jordan Christianson and Showrunner Peter Mitchell have said that the husband murdered the investigator. However the scene describing this was cut. The scene that stayed in its place was the boot scene with Murdoch and Crabtree.
- Emily's line of "Good day, Inspector. A fresh corpse and a crime scene, what more could one ask for?" was also her very first line in her first episode, Murdoch of the Klondike.
- "Me Ol' Mucker" Count: 1
- After finding that Murdoch crosses himself incorrectly, it is thought that the film was inserted incorrectly during the editing process resulting in a flipped/mirror image
Guest Cast Edit
Joanne Boland as Sadie Elms
James Spilchuk as Daniel Miles
Jonathan Eliot as Nicholas Horsely
Alden Adair as Constable Conroy
Peter Dillon as Wayland Porter
Uncredited Cast Edit
|Murdoch Mysteries Season 9|
| "Nolo Contendere" • "Marked Twain" • "Double Life" • "Barenaked Ladies" • "24 Hours Til Doomsday" • "The Local Option" • "Summer of '75" • "Pipe Dreamzzz" • "Raised On Robbery" • "The Big Chill" • "A Case of The Yips" • "Unlucky In Love" • "Colour Blinded" • "Wild Child" • "House Of Industry" • "Bl..dy H.ll" • "From Buffalo With Love" • "Cometh the Archer" • |
Season 1 • Season 2 • Season 3 • Season 4 • Season 5 • Season 6 • Season 7 • Season 8 • Season 9 • Season 10