|Air date||March 16, 2015|
|Written by|| Simon McNabb |
|Directed by||Peter Mitchell|
|Guest Stars||David Chilton|
Detective Murdoch and Constable Crabtree investigate the death of Handsome Randolph Henderson, a professional wrestler. Initially, Crabtree was convinced that Henderson died from a head slam inflicted on him by his ring opponent, the Masked Mauler but Dr. Grace finds no head injury. He died from a large dose of morphine.
As he investigates further, a disbelieving Crabtree learns that many of the ring moves are fake and that the outcomes of the matches are predetermined, uncovering deception and fraud. The wrestling promoter, Victor McAllister, is careful to protect the myth of being a professional sport and forbids any of his employees to speak to the police. The police have a witness but the killer was wearing a mask.
Meanwhile, Julia and the other suffragettes receive an offer of support from the Temperance Movement - provided of course they support that movements views about liquor and other issues. Not everyone is comfortable with the offer, especially Dr. Grace.
Inspector Brackenreid gets financial advise from his barber who tells him to invest Margaret's cookie jar savings.
- Crabtree is offered a job as detective for Station House No. 3.
- There are some mysteries of the morgue Dr. Grace has yet to discover, like the bottle of whiskey Julia reveals to her: "Prohibition, my eye! To the Furious Four"
- Jean Hamilton of the Temperance Movement returns, she was last seen in Murdoch In Ragtime.
- Emily's toast "To the Furious Four" refers back to On the Waterfront Part 2.
- Margaret Haile became the first woman to run for legislative office in Canada when she was nominated on the platform of the Canadian Socialist League as a candidate for Toronto North in the 1902 Ontario provincial election.
- Filmed at 65 Hatt St. in Dundas, the proposed site for a new craft beer operation.
- The one other episode with Crabtree in the title is Crabtree à la Carte.
Ari Cohen as Victor McAllister
David Chilton as Mr. Chilton
Todd Campbell as Shane Tindall
Gavin Fox as The Masked Marauder
Jeff Black as The Solid Man
Ted Ludzik as The Cossack
RJ Skinner as The Gladiator
Reuben Jarvis as Handsome Randolph Henderson
Josh Barilko as Vurugu
|Murdoch Mysteries Season 8|
| "On the Waterfront Part 1" • "On the Waterfront Part 2" • "Glory Days" • "Holy Matrimony, Murdoch!" • "Murdoch Takes Manhattan" • "The Murdoch Appreciation Society (episode)" • "What Lies Buried" • "High Voltage" • "The Keystone Constables" • "Murdoch and the Temple of Death" • "All That Glitters" • "The Devil Wears Whalebone" • "The Incurables" • "Shipwreck" • "Crabtree Mania" • "Toronto's Girl Problem" • "Election Day" • "Artful Detective" • |
Season 1 • Season 2 • Season 3 • eason 4 • Season 5 • Season 6 • Season 7 • Season 8 • Season 9 • Season 10