|"Blood and Circuses"|
|Air date||May 2, 2010|
|Written by|| Paul Aitken|
|Directed by||Sudz Sutherland aka David Sutherland|
|Guest Stars|| Lally Cadeau as Lady Minerva|
Ashley Leggat as Ivy
|Recurring|| Lachlan Murdoch as Henry Higgins|
Sean Harraher as Constable Worseley
|Previous||"This One Goes to Eleven"|
"Blood and Circuses" is the seventh episode of the third season of the Murdoch Mysteries and the thirty-third episode of the series.
Detective Murdoch deals with an interesting assortment of suspects when a circus animal trainer Kitty Walker is found dead, apparently attacked by the tiger in her charge. When the circus tries to leave town hurriedly, Murdoch has them all arrested and the station house is soon filled a variety of exotic characters. The manager, Pierre Barnett, had found her half-eaten inside the tiger's cage and it all seems to be nothing more than an accident until Dr. Ogden's autopsy reveals the animal had likely been starved for several days before the attack. Her autopsy of Kitty also shows that she was murdered - and not by the tiger, but stabbed in the throat. Kitty's best friend Ivy points the finger at the hirsute Count Leoline who in turn points to the magician. When one of the circus performers is killed in a jail cell, Murdoch has a second murder to solve.
Character Revelations Edit
- The Lady Minerva gives Detective Murdoch a Tarot reading, he asks, "If the the woman I love will be in my future?" Minerva tells him, "Yes, the woman you love will be in your future but you will have to make a very big sacrifice."
- George took his Aunt to the Ringling Brothers circus a couple of years back.
- Inspector Brackenreid shows a fondness for the circus monkey, Athena, and tells Pierre Barnett to contact him if the circus shuts down and Athena has nowhere to go.
- Sean Harraher, who has been in the background previously, receives his first credit as Constable Worseley.
- In one scene one can clearly tell that the head of the victim is a mannequin.
Main Cast Edit
Karissa Strain as Maisy
Katie Strain as Daisy
|Murdoch Mysteries Season 3|
| "The Murdoch Identity" • "The Great Wall" • "Victor, Victorian" • "Rich Boy, Poor Boy" • "Me, Myself and Murdoch" • "This One Goes to Eleven" • "Blood and Circuses" • "Future Imperfect" • "Love and Human Remains" • "The Curse of Beaton Manor" • "Hangman" • "In the Altogether" • "The Tesla Effect"|
Season 1 • Season 2 • Season 4 • Season 5 • Season 6 • Season 7