|"A Case of The Yips"|
|Air date||January 25, 2016|
|Written by||Simon McNabb|
|Directed by||Cal Coons|
|Previous||The Big Chill|
|Next||Unlucky In Love|
A Case of The Yips is the eleventh episode of Season 9 and the one hundredth twenty-fifth of the series. It first aired on January 25, 2016.
When a golfer searching for his lost ball in the woods disappears, Murdoch and Crabtree find the man dead and buried in quicksand. Murdoch starts playing golf to gain insight into the investigation, and he quickly becomes hooked.
While the team tackles the case of a murdered golfer, Murdoch takes up the game as part of his investigation. Inspector Brackenreid warns Dr. Ogden will lose her husband to the sport.
Character Revelations Edit
- While investigating a golfer's murder, Murdoch becomes obsessed with the game and invents his Swing Arc Perfection Device.
- George Crabtree requests to be taken off the case because he hates Roger Newsome. He feels bad even thinking it, but he can't pretend it's not true: "I hate the way he acts and the way he speaks and the way he laughs. I hate his little bow tie and his stupid face..."
- Brackenreid believes that "golf is a curse."
- Miss James cures George's ear aliment with a home remedy she learnt from her mother.
- Dr. Ogden cures Lyon of The Yips.
- Roger Newsome returns as a member of the golf club and is once again a suspect. He was first seen in The Death of Dr. Ogden which is referred to by Brackenreid. His second appearance in Murdoch Takes Manhattan is referred to by Crabtree and is the reason why George hates him.
- It is the first time Inspector Brackenreid calls Dr. Ogden "Mrs. Murdoch," when he gives the forewarning about losing her husband to golf. The first time in the series Julia is called "Mrs. Murdoch" is in Murdoch Takes Manhattan by William.
- Brackenreid continues to paint (on canvas) which he started in On the Waterfront at the top of Season 8 while recovering at home, now he paints in his office.
- William and Julia continue their adjusting to and sharing the responsibilities of parenthood.
Historical References Edit
- George Seymour Lyon was a Canadian golfer, an Olympic gold medallist, an eight-time Canadian Amateur Championship winner, and a member of Canada's Sports Hall of Fame.
- At the 1904 Summer Olympics, two golf events were contested – men's individual and team tournaments. The competitions were held from September 17, 1904 to September 24, 1904.
- The 1904 Summer Olympics, officially known as the Games of the III Olympiad, was an International multi-sport event which was celebrated in St. Louis, Missouri, United States,from August 29 until September 3, 1904.
- George Franklin Grant (1846 – 1910) was the first African-American professor at Harvard. He was also a Boston dentist, and an inventor of a wooden golf tee.
- Filmed at Heritage Hills Golf Club in Barrie, ON.
- Kevin Jubinville who plays George Lyon is a recast actor; his first appearance was as Roderick Dalewood in Monsieur Murdoch.
- "Me Ol' Mucker" Count: 1
Main Cast Edit
Recurring Cast Edit
Guest Cast Edit
Kevin Jubinville as George Lyon
Steve Cumyn as Devin Sanders
Daniel de Santo as Alan Driscoll
Jimi Shlag as Wilbur Benedict
Mark Weatherly as Virgil Graydon
Sweeney MacArthur as MacIver
Daryn McIntyre as James Benedict
Uncredited Cast Edit
|Murdoch Mysteries Season 9|
| "Nolo Contendere" • "Marked Twain" • "Double Life" • "Barenaked Ladies" • "24 Hours Til Doomsday" • "The Local Option" • "Summer of '75" • "Pipe Dreamzzz" • "Raised On Robbery" • "The Big Chill" • "A Case of The Yips" • "Unlucky In Love" • "Colour Blinded" • "Wild Child" • "House of Industry" • "Bl..dy H.ll" • "From Buffalo With Love" • "Cometh the Archer" • |
Season 1 • Season 2 • Season 3 • Season 4 • Season 5 • Season 6 • Season 7 • Season 8 • Season 9 • Season 10